Each month, we provide over 4,000 bags, loaded with a 10-day supply of food and personal care items to more than 1,800 Newton residents.
How Can You Help?
Consider a Financial Donation
- Help support the Newton Food Pantry through your charitable cash donations. Both one-time and monthly recurring donations appreciated.
- During the COVID-19 crisis, the best way you can put food on your neighbors’ table is through a financial gift. Please click here to give online, or make a check payable and mail to: Newton Food Pantry, 1000 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, MA 02459.
- Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law. The Newton Food Pantry’s Tax ID number is 04-3218895.
- The best way to donate is by purchasing and sending items on our Amazon Wish List.
- Beginning on September 1st, the Newton Food Pantry will accept additional in-kind donations. Please donate items on our Most Needed Items or Amazon Wish lists. You may put these items in the bins located outside the entrance to the Newton Food Pantry (in the basement of Newton City Hall).
- If you would like to donate items not on these lists, please take them to the Newton Community freedge at 420 Watertown Street, a 24/7 free refrigerator and pantry organized by the Newton Food Pantry. Donations of perishable and non-perishable items are welcome! Please review freedge donation guidelines prior to donating.
- If you are interested in hosting a food drive, please contact us for more information.
Shop at AmazonSmile
If you are ordering from Amazon, do so via AmazonSmile. Search for “Newton Food Pantry” under “Pick your own charitable organization” and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to us.
Drop Off Grocery Bags
We need empty double-bagged brown paper grocery bags with handles for our weekly distribution to clients. See why double bags are best for our clients! Please drop off your bags at the following locations:
59 Grove St., Auburndale, MA 02466
365 Cherry St., West Newton, MA 02465
208 Woodward St., Newton, MA 02468
Become a Supporter
Is your business or organization interested in providing ongoing support to the Newton Food Pantry? Consider becoming a Supporter today. Head to our Supporters page to see our growing list of incredible businesses.
For years, I have worked at the Newton Food pantry, bagging and delivering food to people experiencing food insecurity in Newton. I have had fun volunteering, and have learned a lot about how food insecurity impacts people around me.
Henry, NFP Ride For Food team member & volunteer