Join the NFP Teen Ambassador Program (TAP) Today
Are you interested in building and strengthening your leadership skills? Do you value a commitment to community? The Newton Food Pantry Teen Ambassador Program (TAP) offers a program for youth who are developing a passion for making a difference.
About the NFP Teen Ambassador Program (TAP)
This selective year-long program offers teens the opportunity for personal growth while serving the greater good in the Newton community. Accepted teens serve as ambassadors for the Newton Food Pantry, while developing leadership skills in volunteer service and community organizing. TAP members take part in a customized training program, taught by community leaders, including topics such as non-profit organizational management, community organizing and public speaking. Once students are given an “insider” experience at the Newton Food Pantry, where they will learn how a successful non-profit organization runs and gain a better understanding of the impact that the NFP has in the community, they will brainstorm and implement opportunities to assist with combatting food insecurity in the Newton community.
TAP candidates for the 2020-2021 term are expected to:
- Attend the Student-Parent Orientation in the end of August
- Participate in a 3-hour training session in the end of August
- Attend a monthly (August-May) 2 hour meeting (times tbd)
- Volunteer for a minimum of 4 two-hour shifts (a total of 8 hours) at NFP
- Represent the NFP at a community event
- Design and implement community action to combat food insecurity
Applications are now accepted for 2020-2021.